With the kind permission of John Scalzi, this site’s policies are inspired by his example.
As they say on Twitter, “What Scalzi says.”
Key points include:
- This is my site and represents, if poorly worded at times, my opinion. All rites reserved.
- Comments are welcome.
- I will attempt to engage, if not busy with other duties.
- Be nice. As Lou Grant said, “No hitting in the newsroom.” Scalzi’s simile of acting as if the person you were addressing was present and huge (and Green?) works well.
- Beware of all statements that are hurtful generalizations about people, classes, economic orientation, investment policy, personal rituals, accessorizing etc.
- Phobic speech is usually in poor taste.
- Try to stay on topic. Try to be factual. Don’t linkdump or market.
- I will ban people who persist after being warned.